|Announcement of Retirement and Call for Executive Director Applicants
On May 30th I announced my retirement as USPSA Executive Director to the board of directors; said retirement to be effective at the close of business, December 31, 2012.
It has been my distinct privilege and honor to have served this association for the past nearly 17 years. I thank you all for your support and good wishes.
The board of directors has issued a call for applicants to serve as the next executive director. A simplified description of the duties of the position is:
The executive director shall be the chief operating officer of the corporation and shall have general and active supervision over the property, business, day-to-day operations and affairs of the corporation, and oversee production of the corporate newsletter at the national office.
The executive director shall be knowledgeable of practical shooting, shall be selected by the board of directors and may be removed at any time, with or without cause, only by the board of directors.
See Article 7.5 of the bylaws (http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-bylaws.php) for the full job description.
Aside from the job description the following conditions apply:
- The executive director is expected to work primarily from the USPSA Headquarters office which will require that he or she to maintain residence in Northwest Washington within reasonable commute distance from the office at 872 North Hill Blvd, Burlington, WA 98233.
- To serve, the executive director must be a life member of USPSA and a member of SCSA. Note that membership requirements may be met after being hired but before beginning service.
- Minimum starting salary is $75,000/year with performance based increases likely. The starting salary may be adjusted to a higher amount based on an applicant's qualifications.
- Major medical insurance supplemented with a company-funded Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Matching deposits to retirement account (SIMPLE IRA)
The above is not represented as a complete list of requirements or benefits.
To apply, please submit a written resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), US mail or other carrier (USPSA, Attention: Dave Thomas, 872 North Hill Blvd, Burlington, WA 98233), or FAX (360-855-0380).
Applications will be considered only if submitted by the Principal applicant. We will not accept or consider applications submitted by or through agencies.
For additional information, contact me at email@example.com or by telephone at (360) 855-2245 (office) or (360) 708-6828 (mobile).
Equal opportunity is USPSA policy.
USPSA will not tolerate discriminatory behavior against an applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, or other physical or mental disability. No employee of USPSA will discriminate against any applicant because of the person’s veteran status.
This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions including advertising, recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay, and other forms of compensation or overtime.