These are the steps and criteria for a handgun to be accepted to the Production gun list.
- 1. 2000 manufactured and available to the general public .
- 2. No magwell attachments or external flaring of the magwell, the lateral internal width of the well may not be more than 1/4" wider than the lateral width of the magazine. The lateral width of the well to mean the narrow width where the mainspring housing is inserted, the lateral width of the magazine to mean the narrow side that faces the mainspring housing when inserted into the handgun.
- 3. Must meet the criteria listed in the appendix of the current rule book as well as that listed above.
- 4. The gun must be viewed by NROI prior to its acceptance.
5. A production gun approval form filled out and signed and returned to NROI.